Book 1, series 1, Chapter 5

 Chapter 5 


            Everyone agreed that they would leave the next day, so they could have time to pack their bags. Gaze took everything he thought he would need in the Willowing Woods, then walked to over to Firestone's house, they had agreed to meet there because her house was the closest to the forest, and much to Crystal and the twin's despise Midnight had told Celeste and Neptune everything that had happened the day before, and both had agreed on coming. When Gaze entered Firestone's doorway, he saw Midnight, Firestone, Celestial, and Crystal were waiting will full bags, however, they weren't waiting very quietly. 

         "There is no way your bringing all of those bags!" Firestone yelled at Celestial, pointing at her obviously fancy bags that basically screamed glitter.

         "I can bring what ever I want! Besides, what if I get my clothes muddy and need a second pair? Or three of the same outfit in case one rips? And then there's all my make up and shoes, wait- I forgot my favorite pair of pumps!" Celestial yelped, running toward the door in all her fancy glory, when Firestone grabbed one of her strands of hair hanging down, unraveling one of Celestial's complex buns in the process, making Celestial cry in pain and yell "My hair! Why you-!" with an expression so frustrated she might as well have had steam shooting out of her ears.

          "Oh boo who! There is no way your going back to get a pair of stupid shoes, because I already have to wait for Celeste, Neptune, and Leilani to even get here! And I don't even have to count to know you have enough clothes in those bags to fill a whole shop, you can survive without another pair of shoes! For crying out loud we're going into the Willowing Woods on a dangerous mission, and I bet you didn't even pack anything you'd actually need!" Firestone yelled. "Oh your the one to lecture me about fashion! You wear the same outfit everyday" Celestial said smugly, "Oh that does it!" Firestone yelled, lunging at Celestial and rustling with her on the floor. 

           "Girls cut it out!" Midnight cried, trying to get Firestone off of Celestial, "Crystal help!" She begged when Firestone easily got loose, chasing after Celestial and yelling threats when Celestial turned into some bat-like creature, zipping out of Firestone's grasp. "Oh no, I quite enjoy this" Crystal said from the corner, "besides, anything I do will only make our girl angrier, isn't that right sparky?" She smirked when Firestone gave her a death glare. 

          "Oh, why do you three have to be so mean to each other!" Midnight said, "just leave each other alone for once! Celestial can bring the bags if she wants to, it shouldn't matter to you anyway because she's going to be the one carrying them" she told Firestone, and it seemed to settle her down a little. 

           "Whatever, but I don't want to hear her complaining if she gets tired!" Firestone huffed, Crossing her arms.

            Not long after the twins settled down, Neptune and Celeste joined them, followed by Leilani. "Did we miss anything?" Neptune asked, everyone said no at the same time Crystal said "only Firestone and Celestial's daily argument, they have to keep the streak going you know?" she laughed when Firestone threw a pillow at her.

          "heh, yeah" Neptune laughed nervously, "so, when are we leaving?" He asked.

          "Wait, Midnight, what about the Moon Rising Workshop?" Gaze asked, he hadn't thought about it before.

Midnight sighed sadly "I got all the projects done, and I'd hate to close up shop, but this sounds really important, and I'd never forgive myself if anything happened to any of you, while I was just sitting in my shop making stuff and delivering orders. Our enemies powerful, and we'll need all the help we can get. My old care taker Nebula said she'd keep some orders going so they wouldn't take down my shop while I'm gone, so that's good." 

        "But Midnight, that was your dream, I'd understand if you want to keep it going" Gaze said, she looked so sad, but she also had determination in her eyes as she said "Firestone and Celestial are in danger, I'm not going to let anything happen, and we're going to defeat the villain behind this, no matter how long I have to postpone my dream!" 

         And that settled it, as they all headed into the woods Gaze took one last memorable look at their home, then turned around, knowing that whatever they faced, he would have his friends with him, every step of the way.

Comments

  1. Yay! The Powers Unite series continues! Very nice chapter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book 1, Series 1, Chapter 6

Book 1, series 1, Chapter 3

Book 1, series 1, Chapter 4